For an emergency, call 911.
Residents of the San Luis Valley rely on both our hospitals to provide outstanding emergency room services. We're equipped to handle traumatic injuries including motor vehicle accidents, falls, and assaults.
Both the Regional Medical Center and Conejos County Hospital are accredited as Level IV Trauma Centers.
Emergency Medical Services
San Luis Valley Health Emergency Medical Services include:
- Board Certified Physicians on-site 24/7
- Trauma Surgeons
- Registered Nurse Care. All nurses are certified in:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS);
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS);
- Trauma Nurse Critical Care (TNCC); and
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Core Curriculum (ENPC)
- Lab and imaging services - 24/7
Our team of 12 Paramedics and 2 Emergency Medical Technicians provide services for Alamosa County.
The Alamosa Ambulance District has four ambulances, with the most recent added in 2013.
Annually our Alamosa team responds to an average of 2,400 calls.
Ambulance Services to Conejos County Hospital are provided by Conejos County EMS.